This portfolio example illustrates our recent Professional Services Website Design work for Lang Marketing Network in Toronto. We helped them with overall digital strategy, website design, development and search engine optimization.
Lang Marketing Network is the top agency in partnership marketing in Canada. You’ve probably never heard of them because they operate behind the scenes but they arrange Canada’s biggest corporate and marketing property deals. They work with companies like Toronto Pearson Airport, Canadian Pacific, MetroLinx, Union Pearson Express and the Canadian Red Cross.
Lang has been Canada’s leading sponsorship & partnership marketing agency for over 40 years so it was important to them that their new public face highlight their younger talent and position them as a contemporary agency that is still very much in tune with culture and consumers.
What The Client Wanted:
Lang specifically told us that they have historically got, and expect to continue to get, 99% of the business from referrals. Their clients are the most senior C level executives at Canada’s largest corporations and properties. So at the outset we decided not to invest a lot in search engine optimization or lead generation / lead capture tools and techniques on the site. The site is basically a brochure site with some basic SEO best practices applied on some but not all of the pages.
Our Approach to Professional Services Website Design
- We built the website on WordPress starting with a purchased premium theme which is our favorite approach because you get so much back-end design and administrative functionality built into a good premium theme for the price.
- We then customized the theme using a simple red solid-colour background design with a left hand menu which allows for better usage of screen space on todays wide screen monitors.
- We designed custom icons to represent the sectors that Lang serves and used those in a simple slideshow on the opening page.
- We created a custom graphic for the What We Do page to help illustrate the benefit they bring to their key stakeholders.
- We prepared rough page layout designs for the photographer who shot the group shots to guide them on composition.
- We integrated photography of the team on the home page and on several other key pages.
- The site is fully responsive which means it works beautifully on screens of all sizes including mobile phones and tablets.
Let us know if you are interested in a similar style of website for your agency or professional services company. We’d be happy to discuss your project with you.
Get a Quote