We are looking for a part-time, work-from-your-own-home/office, front-end WordPress web developer to help us with projects. We are a nimble digital agency doing content marketing strategy, outsourced content marketing, lead generation, demand generation and web design, web development serving Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto and Hamilton. We’ve been in business 9 years.
HOURS: ~3-5 hours/week to start, ideally mostly during business hours but open to some evening & weekend hours. Could be as much as 10 hrs per week during busy times.
LOCATION: You can be from anywhere in Canada but we’d prefer somewhere in the Ontario timezone vs BC.
COMPENSATION: We are able to pay in the $30-50/hour range depending on your abilities and experience.
We need a local, native English speaking, responsive technical lead who can do the following for us:
- Build out sites in WordPress and sometimes Shopify & Squarespace
- Quick fixes in WordPress, often with css or layout issues, sliders, plugins etc.
- Technical setup, work in cPanel or on the server: backups, restores, adding SFTP users, configuring new clients. We use WPEngine for most of our sites.
- Research into best approaches, plugins, etc.
- Keep us current on front end best practices and trends
THE IDEAL PERSON:
We ideally need someone who meets these criteria:
- Very strong front end LAMP stack development skills in php, js, jquery. Strong experience in WordPress. Magento or Shopify would be helpful as well.
- Able to work from your home or a quiet space and provide your own computer, phone, internet access etc
- Trustworthy, responsible, extremely detail oriented, good communicator, good technical problem solver.
- Available for web meetings with our account managers during the 8am to 9pm window, with a preference for 8am-5pm vs only evenings.
- We’d pay you on a time basis with all your time tracked in Harvest, the online time tracking and invoicing system we use.
- We use Asana for our Project Management as well as Google Docs, Evernote, Dropbox.
- We are all on Macs and we all work from home: one in Burlington and one in downtown Toronto.
How to apply to be our WordPress Web Developer:
To enquire please email me at [email protected] and make sure to include a link to your LinkedIn profile and links to any work you want to show me. I will only reply to those applicants I am interested in pursuing. I won’t reply to any offshore candidates or agencies – that’s not what I’m looking for here so don’t waste your time. Thanks!