Welcome To Our Web Design Company
We are a nimble, talented boutique web design company based in Burlington with clients in Toronto and throughout the GTA.
Jonathan loves designing high-conversion, low-friction digital experiences. Our clients tell us that he’s exceptional at listening to and distilling down their key messages and then bringing them to life on the web.
We build 5 to 10 websites a year for our clients, generally as a result of a marketing strategy engagement. Most of our work is done in WordPress although we build some sites in Squarespace, Shopify, and Wix if the situation warrants it. We’re probably not the right fit if your web design/web development budget is under $2,000.
How are we better than a lone developer?
- We bring an understanding of business strategy, marketing strategy and online strategy (e-commerce, subscription businesses) that few dev shops and individual developers have. Jonathan has 6 years of P&G marketing plus 13 years of digital marketing with successful startups and e-commerce businesses. That means we know how to help you make more money because pretty websites that get no traffic or can’t convert are bad investments.
- We insist on understanding your business in a way that most developers are unlikely to be able to.
- In many cases, we end up redirecting our clients to an entirely different solution than what they came in asking for – and they thank us. This happens because most clients don’t know what they don’t know. We expand your horizons. We steer you away from popular but ill-fitting solutions. A contract developer or dev shop will probably just do what you asked them to do.
How are we different from a big design agency or a traditional full-service agency?
- Our clients tell us we offer MUCH better value and that our knowledge, expertise, and ability to explain digital to senior business leaders are rare.
Our approach to web design and web development
- While we do build the occasional fully custom website, 95% of our websites are WordPress websites. Why? They give the most value at the lowest cost for most of our clients.
- After trying several different approaches, the formula we have landed on is to customize premium WordPress themes using one of our local UI/UX designers and to customize functionality through plugins.
- For clients with budgets under $3000 for a full site, we have been building on Squarespace or Wix lately. Our clients save money because the hosting and maintenance are all included for a fee <$20/mo whereas to properly host and maintain a WordPress site costs more than that. WordPress sites get hacked if they are not updated at least monthly and if rigorous security software is not in place and carefully managed. This adds costs that some small businesses don’t want or need to pay.