We provide expert search engine optimization (SEO) services to B2B firms in the GTA, from Toronto through to Burlington, Oakville and Hamilton.
Does SEO Still Matter? Can’t I Just Buy Ads?
Businesses need targeted traffic to get good leads and Pay Per Click (PPC) ad costs have gone way up as running Google Ads has become a mainstream marketing activity for most businesses. For many companies the Cost Per Lead from PPC is prohibitive.
Upfront investments in the great content that leads to ranked pages and traffic can yield traffic and leads for months or sometimes years, depending on how digital your competitors are.
For many entrepreneurs, the only way to build a really profitable online business is to build one in a niche where you know you can rank on the first page of Google.
However, SEO is a lengthy and time-consuming process with a fair bit of complexity.
SEO is Not a Stand-Alone Service Anymore
SEO only produces results when it’s part of a well thought out Content Marketing Strategy. When you approach an agency for SEO services, what you really require is Content Marketing Strategy and Execution.
You used to be able to build a page and apply on-page SEO techniques like putting the right words in the title, URL, meta description and H1 tags, and get ranked.
Today, without backlinks, you won’t rank for any competitive terms. You won’t get backlinks unless your content is so impressive that experts in your industry point people to it as an excellent source of information and expertise.
SEO Best Practices for B2B Lead Generation
One of the critical trends in SEO for B2B Lead Generation in the past few years has been a shift away from topical blogging to the building of expert learning centers containing curated articles.
Many companies blog when they have time, and it’s often on whatever topic they feel like writing on. Their posts are generally 500-1000 words based on research from several years ago that advocated for shorter, snackable content. That tends to produce lots of somewhat random, shorter blog posts. We have found that those type of shorter, random posts have almost no SEO value for our clients.
According to a study by Backlinko, here are the most important ranking factors that correlate with first page Google results:
The Shift From Blogs To Learning Centres
Based on that data and the example of SEO thought leaders like Moz, we have been helping professional services and software clients implement Learning Centres to replace their blogs.
Learning Centre Best Practices
- Design a homepage for the learning centre that makes the most sought-after topics and articles very prominent, instead of the most recent posts.
- Organise the topics carefully, like a library or Wikipedia page would: use parent level topics and subtopics.
- Make topic a primary navigation method and make type like whitepaper, e-book, case study, video a secondary filtering option. Most users are searching for information on a topic and, they don’t often care if it comes in an ebook or a white paper.
- Have a prominent “Start Here” section
- Create here content using your best expertise on a sought-after topic with a title like “The Ultimate Guide to,” The Executive Guide to,” The Beginners Guide to.”
- Video is the most desired way for most people to process information, as long as the videos are short, well written and produced and get to the point quickly. Make sure you have videos for your key topics.
- Divide long-form content into discrete pages and use HTML Pagination Attributes to communicate this to search engines. Here’s an example from MOZ https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo and here’s a detailed how-to guide https://www.contentkingapp.com/academy/pagination/
OUR SEO PROCESS
- Broken Links Report
- Duplicate Content Report
- Google Analytics audit, traffic & content analysis
- Technical site audit to identify technical issues affecting your rankings. Identify broken links, duplicate content and other issues to be fixed.
- Backlink profile analysis to identify and disavow toxic backlinks affecting your rankings
- Competitive Backlink Analysis and Recommended Backlink Targets
- Keyword analysis
- Audience Personas –
- Topic Mapping and keyword clustering
- Writing and producing long-form content
- Graphic design and video production to build more interesting pages
- Link building by reaching out to high authority niche sites (improves Domain Authority).
- Local Maps optimization and citation building campaigns so that you rank well in Maps listings
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) to get you more leads from your landing pages.
Monitoring and Optimizing
- We use tools like SEMRush and MOZ Pro to monitor your ranking improvements and organic traffic growth.
- We work to improve content over time so that it continues to rank well despite competitive improvements.
We are experts at optimizing for local search. We’ll help you set up Google Places for your business and get listed in local/social directories such as CitySearch, Yelp, Local.com and GoldBook. We can run citation campaigns to quickly build you directory listings that help with local SEO. We know the little tips and tricks that help you rank better in your local market.